Sunday 25 March 2012

quietly planning for big things

Happy Springtime greetings to you all! The days are getting longer and the birds are getting frisky, this is a great time of year to be a poet! Now, I know I’ve been a bit quiet recently, but I’m trying to just stick to relevant news and stuff. Well since getting my car locked into the Odell’s Yard car park after Scribal Gathering, (it was fine, I managed to rescue it the next morning) I’ve not had much time to spend in Stony Stratford, but I’ve got Stony AHA and Stony Live on my mind. I’m not yet sure how I’ll be involved in the former but should at least get my thinking cap on.

I’m currently making necessary arrangements for the printing of my book, and wondering whether I can stretch to 200 copies or stick to 100. This and the planning for adventures, poetry-related and otherwise, are taking up a lot of brainspace at the moment. I’ve also performed at the lovely Morgan’s Wine Bar in Leighton Buzzard (for Oxjam), and Raising the Awen in Northampton. Very, very different gigs but with the same hugely-talented handful of poetry friends, taking our respective schticks to new audiences.

I’ll be dropping in at the MK Arts Gateway mingle on Wednesday, and again highly recommend these gatherings as a great way to meet creative professionals and enthusiastic amateurs, and learn about what funding is available, where it goes, and how to get some.

And as the days get brighter and warmer, it’s definitely time to step out and enjoy our beautiful town and its surrounding greenery. Get all the latest news and information on Stony Stratford at www.aboutmyarea.co.uk/Buckinghamshire/Milton-Keynes/MK11

No comments:

Post a Comment