Sunday 12 August 2012

hotting up!


Well, it’s August, and we’re finally getting a good dose of sunshine. Hope this lasts a while as everything is so much more cheerful! First of all I have to announce that Stony Paint Jam has now become MK Paint Jam, and will be held at Inter-Action near Woughton on the Green, still 18th & 19th August (this weekend!). I still have some spots available for poets, but we have a great line-up of entertainment to compliment the rest of the days artistic activities.

Back in Stony, we have of course Scribal Gathering on Tuesday 14th, where I’m hoping to have something new to share. If you want a great night of music and poetry, please join the Gathering upstairs at the Crown (yes, they’re back in that beautiful room, making the usual racket) from 7.30, it’s free entry too.

On a personal note, I’m really excited to be finally moving to Stony in September. Seeing the town looking so pretty on Saturday, and a band striking up in the street, before joining some friends for a cold beer in the garden of the Fox & Hounds.... my decision was easily made!

Before then, I have my next “bardic duty” on the 1st September, a “double celebration” at the Library from 11am until noon, with an unveiling of the new sign and a variety of children’s activities. I’ll be sharing a poem for the occasion, and I look forward to seeing a few people, and hopefully making some future dates for library-based activities.

That’s probably a lot to get on with, I’d better crack on!

No comments:

Post a Comment