Sunday 19 February 2012

Dealing with deadlines

it's now 2.30 on a Monday morning. These are not wise hours to keep, but sometimes you just have to keep going 'til the job's done. My piece for the official opening/planting of the Community Orchard (10am Sat. 25th Feb) is now done. Ahead of time? No, just in time for the deadline for the Town Crier.

Hopefully they like it and will print it as this is surely an interesting topic for Stonyphiles. If not, well, the deadline has done me good, and I can now focus on writing something for the Cock & Bull beer festival, to perform on either the Friday or Saturday of that same weekend.

It's certainly nice to feel wanted by all these inspiring local causes, but it's a long way past my bedtime and I'll probably need to be prodded with a pointy-stick at my desk tomorrow. Coming back from America on Wednesday did not leave me jet-lagged, but being a poet.... well, it's an occupational hazard we have to suffer sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment